Copies of Medical Records
- You may fax the information to (469) 484-2006.
- You may mail the information to: The Medical Center of Plano, ROI Department, 10030 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75063
For more information, view the Instructions to Completing the Authorization for Protected Health Information.
The Release of Information office is staffed Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm and can be reached at (888) 749-7952. For calls left after business hours, your call will be returned the next business day.
Certified Birth Certificates
When a child is born at The Medical Center of Plano we submit the Birth Certificate information to the Bureau of Vital Statistics. Certified Birth Certificates can only be obtained through the Bureau of Vital Statistics, which is part of the Texas Department of State Health Services. The hospital does not have a certified copy on file.
Obtaining a Certificate
For parents, or patients over the age of 18, to obtain a Birth Certificate, an application must be submitted to the Bureau of Vital Statistics. This may be done in three ways:
- Fill out the application on the Texas Department of State Health Services website and submit to the Collin County Clerk’s Office, 900 E. Park Suite 140C, Plano, TX 75074 Phone: (972) 881-3025
- Fill out the application on the Texas Department of State Health Services website and submit to the Bureau of Vital Statistics, DSHS, PO Box 12040, Austin, TX 78711 Phone: (888) 963-7111
- Birth Certificates may also be obtained by visiting one of the remote sites listed on the Texas Department of State Health Services website.