Advanced Imaging at Medical City Denton
Below are some of the services available at the Medical City Denton Imaging Department.
To contact the Imaging Department, please call:
- Computed Tomography
- Diagnostic X-Ray
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Online Diagnostic Imaging Forms
- Ultrasound Imaging
Additional Imaging Services
Along with the above services, services include Fluoroscopy (Arthrograms, Barium Enema, Barium swallows, Cystograms, HSG, Myelograms, and UGI), and IVP exams. These services are done in the Diagnostic Imaging Department at Medical City Denton.
These procedures use X-rays to examine the inside of the body for abnormalities. They may include:
- Skeletal (bones and joints)
- Chest (heart, lungs)
- Abdomen / Gastrointestinal (digestive tract)
- Barium Swallow / Esophagram – esophagus
- Upper Gastrointestinal (UGI) – esophagus, stomach, and part of small intestine Small Bowel Follow-Through / Enteroclysis - small intestine
- Barium Enema (BE) - large intestine, also known as the colon
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreaticogram (ERCP) - gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas
- Myelogram - spinal cord and nerves
- Arthrogram - Joints
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) – uterus and fallopian tubes
- Urinary System
- Intravenous Pyelogram (IVP) – kidneys, ureters,and bladder
- Cystogram, Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG) – bladder and urethra
- Venogram, Arteriogram - veins and arteries
Studies of the gastrointestinal tract usually require oral (sometimes rectal) administration of liquid contrast material, usually a solution of barium. Studies of the urinary system, as well as myelograms, arthrograms, hysterosalpingograms, and all blood vessel studies require injection of X-ray contrast material, a clear dye which contains iodine.
The patient will usually need to undergo special preparation for these exams in order to insure a safe, high quality procedure. Specific prep instructions will be given to the patient when scheduling takes place.
Duration: Can range between 15 and 90 minutes depending on the procedure(s). Specific information will be given when a patient is being scheduled.
Note: For all X-ray procedures, please advise the technologist if you are pregnant, and/or diabetic, if you are allergic to latex, or if you are allergic to iodine, seafood, or have a previous reaction to a contrast injection.
Solis Mammography at Medical City Denton
Mammography services are provided by Solis Mammography, located in the Professional Office Building at Medical City Denton. Appointments may be scheduled by calling: